Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ineligible? NOT FOR LONG!

I've been talking about it for a while, and the progress is minimal, but it is happening. The petition drive, which amassed 300 signatures in 4 days, was given to my council woman, Donna reed Miller. They were promptly ignored. I wrote everyone on City council about this, and aside from Frank Rizzo's office actively trying to help at first, no one else has tried to help or contact me.

So what's next?

I am currently talking to a lawyer, and we are looking at the issue as, quite simply, an age discrimination issue. As the only major city in America with an actual age requirement for office (New York City, the nations largest city, has none), and since the state has said that being registered to vote is old enough to run for office anywhere else, we have a lot working in our favor.

Trust me when I say this; In the next few months, this is not only going to become one of the biggest issues in Philadelphia, but this will happen sooner than later! If your reading this and wondering what you can do, please CALL CITY COUNCIL AND COMPLAIN!!!

If I'm old enough to fight and die for this country I love, why am I not allowed to even run for office legally? If I am old enough to vote, drive, and own my own house, why can't I run for office?

No comments: